+34644 625 617(Spain)
+33629 172 822(France)

«Visa Gold» or residence permit for investors

We are talking about a new type of residence, as specified by law 14/2013 of 27 September of 2013. This law is issued for foreign citizens who invest in the Spanish economy.

Under this law, there are two basic types of investments:

1. Investment of the capital

  • Investing more than 2 million euros in Spain's public debt (bonds).
  • Investing of, at least, 1 million euros in shares (capital) of private Spanish company or placing a bank deposit in the Spanish financial institution.
  • The acquisition of property in Spain for not less than 500 thousand euros. This amount can be divided in between several properties. Investments in real estate (within 500 thousand euros) should be free of any liens or encumbrances.

2. Other types of investments
For example, establishment of a company whose activity:

  • contributes in a creation of new jobs;
  • produces a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the region;
  • makes contribution to the scientific and technological development.

Validity of the visa

Visas for permanent residence permits investors to stay in Spain for one year. At the end of that period, it allows to apply for a residence permit for a period of 2 years, renewed every two years, if the invested capital remains in the country.

At the same time you have the right to work in Spain (an additional provision of the law №4) and move freely throughout the Schengen zone countries (Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia Lithuania, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland).

После 5 лет проживания в Испании может быть получен постоянный вид на жительство. Испанское гражданство может быть получено после 10 лет легального проживания на территории Испании.

After 5 years of living in Spain, a permanent residence permit can be obtained. Spanish nationality can be obtained after 10 years of legal residence in Spain. And the visa and residence permit are also provided for spouses and children of the applicant.

We will be happy to give you more information on the immigration and residence permit in Spain.

Visit our touristic website